excuse me i have a question.
Don't hate on me for this (bc that happens everywhere i ask this) just answer it please.
Which of the following things are considered "upvote begging"?
1. Don't downvote this
2. Downvote if you disagree
3. How many views can this get?
4. An upvote would be appreciated.
5. *a picture of a green arrow*
6. How many upvotes can this get?
7. Upvote if you agree.
8. I don't care if you downvote this.
9. Leave a comment if you agree.
10. =( i have no points
1. Nobody says that.
2. Nobody says that
3. Views aren't upvotes and are considered worthless, but still, don't make memes like that. They're boring.
5. Those are only in "here's an upvote" posts which aren't technically upvote begging but it's clear the poster is trying to fish for upvotes back. Even if they aren't, it's still unfunny and boring.
8. Lame attempt at reverse psychology so probably yes.
9. Comments have no value so that does not matter.
10. Probably fishing for upvotes. Even if they aren't, complaining that you have no points won't get you points. Making funny and interesting memes makes points.
Long story short, just make funny and interesting memes and everybody will be happy. The problem with feeding upvote beggars is upvotes are what gets a meme to the front page. Views and comments have no value. It sucks when you're on the front page and have to scroll past multiple upvote begging posts before you get to one that's actually funny and interesting.
Okay, well, I've seen memes that have these things, and for all of them, there were people in the comments saying that the meme was upvote begging.
Here are their arguments for the ones you say aren't upvote begging (at least the ones i can remember)
2. what, so i should upvote if i agree!? UPVOTE BEGGING (this was a 'change my mind' meme)
3. views=upvotes and ur just trying to get ppl to upvote. UPVOTE BEGGING (yes, I agree, its boring, it was a "how many views can a banana get" meme with a picture of a banana)
9. comments=upvotes and ur just trying to get ppl to upvote. UPVOTE BEGGING
but honestly, if you involve the word "upvote" "downvote" "view" or "comment" in your meme, even if its a jk meme that isnt meant to be funny, u get like LITERALLY HALF OF IMAGE FLIP commenting all over that it's "upvote begging" and sending the attached meme.
UPVOTING THIS IS NOT REQUIRED, JUST SHARE A LINK TO THIS EVERYWHERE. ESPECIALLY IN BEGGING POST COMMENT SECTIONS. REPLY YES IF YOU AGREE, REPLY NO IF YOU DON'T. LET'S SEE IF WE CAN GET ENOUGH YES'S TO MAKE THE MODS ADD IT.
HELP ME DO WHAT I CAN TO AT THE VERY LEAST REDUCE UPVOTE BEGGING, IT'S KILLING THIS SITE. IT NEEDS TO BE ADDED TO THE POSTING RULES OF THIS SITE THAT UPVOTE BEGGING IS NOT ALLOWED, SO UPVOTE BEGGING POSTS (I'M NOT DOING THEM THE DIGNITY OF CALLING THEM MEMES) CAN BE FLAGGED FOR REVIEW BY MODERATORS.
hotkeys: D = random, W = upvote, S = downvote, A = back