Resize, crop, rotate, flip, and compress images instantly online
What is the Image Resizer?
It's a free online image editor for quick image resizing, cropping, optimization, compression, and conversion.
How to resize an image
- Upload an image. Press the upload button to choose any image from your device.
- Resize, crop, rotate, flip. Choose your desired options to customize the image output.
Drag and drop or enter numbers into the inputs to change size and crop dimensions. To automatically
crop to edges within the image, use the Auto button.
- Choose output type. Select an image format to generate and whether to optimize the file size
of that format (which takes a little longer).
- Generate and preview. Press the generate button and then check the image preview and output
result below to make sure it's correct.
- Download. Download your final image! Done!
Which image formats are supported?
- Supported input formats include all images supported by your device browser, usually at least jpeg, png,
and gif, but other common formats include svg, webp, tiff, and bmp.
- Supported output formats are currently jpeg, png, and webp. For still images, you should never use GIF
format since the other formats are equally supported and higher quality in all contexts.
Does image optimization use lossy or lossless compression?
For jpeg and webp images, your device's browser always performs a lossy compression at 92% quality,
regardless of whether you select "optimize filesize". 92% is a good balance of quality and file size.
For jpeg and png images, selecting "optimize filesize" will send the image to Imgflip servers for an
advanced lossless optimization step. This minimizes file size while ensuring the quality of the image
is untouched. Our PNG optimizer is one of the best, so feel free to compare with other lossless optimizers.