1. Avoid any screens an hour or more before going to bed (so no imgflip either!), reading a book is a good idea but no blue light or anything that keeps your brain to busy (like news, memes, porn, etc.)
Your bed should only used for sleep and sex (optionally), checking your phone while laying in bed creates a mental habit of staying awake. Over time you will get sleepy and fall a sleep, but this is only from being to tired to stay awake (which isn't good).
2. If you can't fall a sleep within the first 15 minutes, get-up and do some light activity (like walking). Then try again. Not falling a sleep can cause anxiety, which then makes it even harder to fall a sleep.
3. Make your room as dark as possible. And not to warm (if possible). ABSOLUTE NO FANS DIRECTLY ON YOUR BODY! These can cause your body to cool down to much and might even be fatal.
4. Don't eat anything heavy an our before you go to bed as this might cause acid reflux when lay dow. And absolutely no caffeine 6 hours before bed (Tea also contains caffeine FYI. Use decaf instead), and no sugar 2 hours before sleep as this creates false feeling of feeling energized.
5. Keep your phone from your bed, you will be less tempted to check your phone in bed.
6. Sleeping pills don't actually help as you expect, they help with the creation of natural sleeping hormones.
Checkout https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncj13G7Qj8Y for more tips (Pete is an Behavioral Scientist and knows what he's talking about).
Hope this helps. There also some great books like "Why we sleep"
One more thing. If you suffer from insomnia, go see a doctor.