No. Let's trade out Leftists who hate our country with Hong Kong protesters and others who understand what it means to live under totalitarian regimes. Both get what they say they want. Protesters of totalitarianism get freedom and our Leftist get the government control they seem to crave. It's a win-win
Yeah and we've done such a great job of stopping abortion from continuing
Maybe this court case could change things, but splitting would actually let us stop it in half the country, as opposed to letting it continue in the whole country
I feel like it already has, which is sad. If you mean secede yea, I'm game. The left can have their communist, socialist every ist nation free of every offensive statue, religion and history fact that offends them and their gazillion pronouns and the conservatives can keep their roots and traditions.
Split into what? If you mean Dems and Reps, it already has. It would be hard to get everyone to move to one side of the country or another. It would be easier though to say one could keep the west coast and New England, while the other keeps the south and Midwest. Though if California alone wanted to secede from the nation, I wouldn't stop them...
Yes, but at this point, any further division could push us closer to a real civil war. Which would make it easier for other nations to attack. Or the UN to step in and take over. We are at a very delicate period of time...
Yes, let the two political factions carve up the USA and then people can decide if they stay where they are or go somewhere else. I have been thinking this is the best course of action for several years now. Good question!
That is debatable. I've already had this debate in my head numerous times. Unfortunately, I believe WI would go to the liberal idiots, so I'd have to move to Texas or some shit like that. Perhaps we would have to split it down the middle and then coin toss for Hawaii/Alaska. Or, we could coin toss for every single state. Fragmented nations would most likely be a problem, but it could work like that too.
yeah, the Midwest could be complicated. I'm from Michigan, so I have my biases. It's not so clear cut. It's generally rural enough though that I'd say it should go to the conservative side, the only issues are a few big cities.
I think the Rockies are a pretty good dividing line in the west, and the east I think that definitely New York/New Jersey and everything north would go to the libs, and probably Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Delaware going as well.
Alaska I'd definitely say goes to the conservative side. Hawaii is a little more complicated because it's useful as a military base in the Pacific, and it probably isn't the best idea for the conservative side to have Alaska being our only presence on the Pacific.
See? That "the left already hates America" is part of it.
What has the left done that's so hateful? Advocate for better access to quality healthcare for everyone? advocate for better access to quality education for everyone? Advocate for investing in public infrastructure?
Making this country a better place for everyone is hateful for you?
If that's the case, you should leave. Because if you don't love this country, and everyone who lives in it, then you should leave.
Burning the flag, claiming the country is systemically racist, trying to take away the rights that have made this country so great
Leave to where? Russia is the only place I'd even vaguely consider going to, and I really don't want to go there either XD
America's the only place that's relatively close to my principles, the left has Canada, Australia, Japan, Europe, Scandinavia, etc. to choose from if you want free healthcare and all that so bad.
1) burning the flag is considered free speech. That thing in the Bill of Rights? Yeah, that thing. Look up Johnson v. Texas if you want to know more. If you don't like it... leave. America: love it or leave it.
2) the country is systemically racist. Your feelings don't change that fact.
3) hahaha. take away rights like... what? own an assault weapon? that's what made America great? Owning an assault weapon after the original ban was allowed to lapse?
4) Try Somalia. It's the ultimate small government country. You can own all the guns you want. Low to nonexistant taxes. They did just launch universal healthcare, so I don't know how that will work out for you.
1) Me pointing out that stopping people from burning a flag is a violation of their rights isn't me hating on America.
2) Let me use an analogy that might help you what people mean by systemic racism.
Let's say that way back in the day a guy builds a hotel. It's the only hotel in the city. It's very popular. There's 1 thing about this hotel. That guy who built it? He F**KING HATES people in wheelchairs. He designs his hotel so that every feature of the hotel has been meticulously designed to make their lives very hard but at the same time, makes things very easy for anyone who can walk. The policies he creates deliberately make things even harder/more expensive for someone in a wheelchair. Policies like rooms are three times as expensive and they aren't allowed access to room service for food delivery. But for people who can walk, staying at the hotel is a breeze. Very very easy.
But then that guy dies. And his son gets the hotel. The son doesn't hate people in a wheelchair. But he also doesn't care when other people point out the discrimination. He makes no changes.
That guy dies and leave steh hotel to his son. this grandson doesn't hate people in wheelchairs. He drops some of the rates, not all but some, and changes the policy about room service (but still keeps that rate double). He makes no changes to the building.
Then the great grandson gets the hotel. He agrees that the hotel isn't a suitable place for people in wheelchairs. The only thing he does is install a ramp at the front stairs outside of the building. And he puts up a sign saying everyone welcome.
But 99% of the building is still physically challenging and almost impossible for anyone in a wheelchair to navigate and use. And while the staff are all on board, they still operate by many of the discriminatory policies because "that's how it's done here."
And in all the years of the building being there, exactly 1 person in a wheel chair has managed to stay in 1 room.
That's systemic racism. You don't hate people in wheelchairs, but the building? It's still the same building. It needs to be changed.
That's a complex issue. You should do some reading on it, like what social and economic pressures do black men face that might result in them not engaging in marriage or raising their children? If you think about it, facing a steady decline in wages & buying power since the 1960s, along with an increased chance of incarceration (while black men make up a total of 6% of the US population, the account for 50% of the prison population) might make a huge impact on the nuclear family structure.
Well considering about 50% of the crime is committed by that same 6%, no surprise the prison population is what it is.
Everyone has a choice, and choosing to make a child is a choice. If they aren't able to shoulder the responsibility, then they shouldn't make the child.
1) if you are a civilian and you own a american flag you can burn it down when ever you want but if it is on banks, schools, government buildings, etc then it is considered illegal unless the government gives you permission. Your property: yes Public property: no
2) it is your opinion and your right to call the united states systemically racist but it is not systemically racist. letting black's, Asian's, etc have the same rights and everything as whites do is not racist. there is nothing in the system that is purposely racist.
3) countries go through many changes through out its live. more laws are being put in and taken out. you have the right to own a gun for only protection or hunting wild animals, if you do anything illegal such as: killing a person, shooting public/private property, threatening anyone with it then your rights of owning a gun are gone.
4) without america Somalia would not have the military aid and supplies it needs, and without america's help Somalia would still be under British rule and america has provided Somalia with over then 3 billion dollars in humanitarian assistance
5) also if you haven't been to america or been born in america then your opinion means nothing to us Americans. you are being racist towards america. calling bad and horrible just because of social media and the news. sometimes those post and/or have false facts. don't be sad from this just have a great day and next time actually use your brain :)
in new York city if you want to go hunting people would take vacations into states where it's legal to hunt deer. but the main reason people have guns in new York is protection against gangs who would mug them. stop trying to make your self smart. it won't work. you need to research more
I bet you didn't see the word gang I bet. there are gun groups that i have made that own guns
Civilians - use guns for protection of there property, family, and themselves
Government - use guns for many things such as - shoot outs, bank robberies, protection of them and others, special ops
Gang - use guns for robbing, stealing, killing, protection
keep going. soon this will be a lecture for you. Also what country where you born in
What rights are being taken away? The right to a safe abortion, per Roe V Wade? Thank Republicans. Gun legislation? Reagan got the ball rolling on all of that and Trump voiced support expanding on it (https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/6070319001).