Thanks, here are some tips!
How to get points:
Only users with less than 1,000 points get 1 point for upvoting memes.
1. Make memes (2 points), and if you submit one, (20 points).
2. When people upvote your memes (40 points)
3. Comment (2 for the first text comment on a meme, and 0 thereafter, and 4 for the first meme comment on a meme, and 2 thereafter)
4. When people upvote your comments (30 points) However, if you're here just for the points, you won't have much fun. It's a lot more enjoyable to make friends, have a laugh, chat with other users in the comments, etc. If you're having fun, the points will come easily.
Code of Conduct:
In general, just be nice to people. If you troll people, comment mean things, etc. you'll turn all of Imgflip against you (like what happened to Joe_Shmoe). Feel free to downvote a meme if you don't like it, but if you target one user with a bunch of downvotes then that's not very nice.
1. People usually upvote a comment when they reply to it, unless it's offensive or really mean.
2. People usually reply to someone who comments on their meme.
3. Occasionally Imgflip users host a "Page 9 Party" where you go and upvote all the memes on page 9 of the "Hot" pages.
4. Sometimes (though a lot more nowadays) Imgflip users host meme weeks, which are themed events (for example, "SpongeBob Week" or "Music Week"). You find someone to co-host the week with (or you could do it solo if you want) and make memes related to the theme during whatever date you set (which is usually around a week or a little less).
If you have any other questions feel free to ask me!