Ignorance (Noun)

Ignorance (Noun) | WHEN AN AMERICAN ASKS A BRIT: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR 4TH OF JULY?" | image tagged in memes,computer guy facepalm,american,british | made w/ Imgflip meme maker
1,196 views, 8 upvotes, Made by AdamXYZ 9 months ago memescomputer guy facepalmamericanbritish
Computer Guy Facepalm memeRe-caption this meme
Add Meme
Post Comment
reply
3 ups
Helen Mirren | INVADING THE U.S.A. | image tagged in helen mirren | made w/ Imgflip meme maker
reply
2 ups, 1 reply
SAME HERE | made w/ Imgflip meme maker
I hate when people do that...as an American I feel bad for the Brits.Online I've seen a clever response from a Brit though.
He said "Oh you know we've been making it up to you by stealing the hearts of you women."
That deserves a gold medal in my opinion
reply
1 up, 1 reply
lol. That's so lame, but funny. I have also seen and heard Americans asking Brits what they are doing for Thanksgiving, which is equally as bad. Although, to be fair, white Americans also celebrate Cinco de Mayo and St. Patrick's Day, even if they aren't of any Mexican or Irish heritage.
reply
0 ups, 1 reply
Honestly I hate it when people push their holidays on people who don't share the same religion.
reply
1 up, 1 reply
Religion should be about belief first, then action, if necessary. But, we've gone way too far, especially in America, in regards to discrimination, and "reverse" discrimination. To me, if someone says, 'Happy Chanukkah,' 'Merry Christmas,' 'Blessed Diwali,' etc. I will just thank them and say the same...That's fine with me, if someone wants to vocalize it, but as soon as that person becomes virulent or aggressive about it...that's the problem. I think that both ends of the spectrum are dangerous in most social cases, this being no different.
reply
0 ups, 1 reply
Yeah I believe in certain things and people made fun of me for that.Its not my fault that I like Greek,Roman,Egyptian,and Norse mythology,believe in faeries,unicorns and dragons.If some one says something regards to their own religion,I'll oblige and respect their religion like you.
reply
0 ups, 1 reply
Seriously...I don't have to believe in Odin, Zeus (or Jupiter), Osiris or Amun-Ra, or believe that they're divine to appreciate literature in their regard. I am personally Christian, and I am appalled at how many "Christians" persecute just about anyone for anything when Jesus strictly told his followers to do the exact opposite.
reply
0 ups, 1 reply
I hate when people do that because this happened once before in history.To me it seems as history is repeating itself.
reply
0 ups, 1 reply
Absolutely. History always repeats itself, because humans have never, nor will we ever change. There will always be war, and there will always be a class system with 15% controlling the other 85%. I mean, yeah: it's a cynical view, but I know humans, and I know history.
reply
0 ups, 1 reply
Yep and so do I.Ive learned about the wars and how they were started and if this division between mankind remains then we'll have a WW3 on our hands sooner or later.Hell I won't be surprised if it happens when I'm 18-19 and I get drafted.If I die I will make my last words on paper this "And this is why idiots should never run for president and people keeping a rift between themselves instead of standing together.Trup you got another thing comin for ya if this destroys America."
reply
0 ups, 1 reply
Well, congress is the only establishment which can declare war, not the president. The president can call a meeting and try and get congress to do so, but the president cannot issue a declaration of war. The problem with this, though, is that there are no checks and balances, like there were set up to be; all three branches of the government work as one, instead of balancing each other out. The only reason that Trump, Obama, Bush, etc. had so much power is because we the people let them, along with congress.

But, WWIII is imminent, I believe. Between tensions in the Asian countries, between Europeans and Arab immigrants, or between Russia and well...everyone...the fall of economic systems in Europe and in the US will inevitably lead to conflict, whether it be revolutions or world war.
1 up
Yeah.The old checks and balances systems were great because that unified every personnel in the government not making it seem like there is a king in the U.S.The way life is going on right now I'll be suprised if I live a full life span!
Flip Settings
Computer Guy Facepalm memeRe-caption this meme

Created with the Imgflip Meme Generator

Show embed codes
IMAGE DESCRIPTION:
WHEN AN AMERICAN ASKS A BRIT:; "WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR 4TH OF JULY?"
hotkeys: D = random, W = like, S = dislike, A = back