In humans and many other species, water and salt regulation must be at a constant balance. Too much salt, and u could get dehydrated and potentially die, and believe it or not, too much water and actually kill you as well. So its a bad idea to drink ocean water. It contains high amounts of salt that is too great for our bodies to process, and we become even more dehydrated from it. Plus, there is also tons of bacteria, and minerals that pollute the ocean, so that can also make you pretty sick. If you are gonna drink water, make sure its fresh, from a lake or a stream, and make sure you boil it. Bacteria can not survive high temperatures, so they will die. allowing the water to be safer for consumption.